Reclining Buddha temple (Wat Chayamangkalaram)

June 28, 2012

Penang here I come ! lazy to put on make-up recently , simple eyeliner will do.
I really fall in love with my characters, even the bad ones. I love getting together with them. They tell me what to do, they take me on a wild and wonderful trip. On the 16June2012 , I had a very fun happy joyful short trip with both of my beloved to Penang. Aim is to attend the Hennessy party , besides that we also had fun time enjoying visiting & food search. We stayed 1 night at Copthorne  Orchid hotel , Penang. The hotel was simple and small but no choice since we last minute booked. Many nearby hotel also were fully book on that particular day , I wonder why? ? because is not school holiday or public holiday also. Maybe due to Hennessy event , haha . . . just guessing  . . . .
Reclining Buddha temple (Wat Chayamangkalaram)
Wat Chayamangkalaram is one of the must see place in Penang, Malaysia. This Thai temple was built in 1845 by a Buddhist monk, who came from Thailand. Famous for it's large gold plated Reclining Buddha, which at 33 meters. When you have a better look in the temple, you'll see a lot of Buddha's all in different positions.
You can find the temple of the Reclining Buddha in Lorong Burmah, Pulau Tikus. The opening hours are from 6.00am till 5.30pm. The entrance is free. Just as you get out of the Wat Chayamangkalaram temple across the road you see the Dharmikarama Burmese Temple. 


This also worth a visit while you at Penang.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Featured Post

How to Love Someone With Anxiety and Depression

Remember they’re worth fighting for. The phrase, ‘It’s okay,’ can never be used enough. Don’t tell them, ‘you’re overreacting.’ Rem...